Saturday, June 20, 2009

Memorial Day

So on Memorial Day we hiked Snoqualmie Falls! It was a beautiful and peaceful drive (Sienna slept both ways and Ethan slept on the way back). The hike down was easy and the cool mist from the waterfall was so refreshing.

DSC_21482009-05-25_12-31-18

We have a high-quality Kelty-Kids hiking back-pack. We bought it used for a bargain and have been delighted to have it. Notice in the above picture Sienna is on my hip, not in the backpack. She couldn't stand it. So, I found myself with a cumbersome backpack strapped to me while carrying my daughter on my hip. Backpack, anyone?

DSC_21452009-05-25_12-28-23

DSC_21522009-05-25_12-41-09

DSC_21612009-05-25_13-05-10

Although Ethan did well on the hike down, he decided he was too tired to hike back up. Ethan loved the backpack when he was younger and begged to ride in it again. Sienna determined she had enough of Mom on the way down and wanted Dad on the way up.

So my wonderful, strong, handsome, never complaining husband carried both kids (65lb) back up the mountain! Here is a man who loves being a Dad and is willing sacrifice to make his family happy. Jeff, I love you and have so much respect for you! Happy Fathers' Day!

2 comments:

Groshon said...

Way to go Jeff on packing the kids up the trail!
Looks like a perfect day for a hike! We have done that hike before, I love Snoqualmie Falls!

Yorgasons said...

What a beautiful place!! I love reading your blog because you guys go to so many places that I hadn't even heard of while I was there. I hope to go back someday...we will see!! :) Should of brought a long the Ergo baby carrier instead huh? hahaha!! Funny how kids are! I baught the cool bumbo for Ben when he was a baby and he hated it!! Oh well, I am still cool because I own one right? hahaha!!...sad!