Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Month of June

June has flown by for us. I must say, I do feel a little miffed since we haven’t had much summer weather yet. We’ve been doing lots of indoor stuff while waiting for summer to finally arrive.

One of my favorite books when I was a kid was The Penguin Who Hated the Cold. Sounds appropriate given the weather, right?

Well, we had some fun with the book and we made in igloo out of an apple, peanut butter and marshmallows. Bad weather certainly inspires creativity!

1053

 

This year for Ethan’s birthday we went to the Rainforest Cafe!

010

Sienna was a little nervous with all the sights and sounds of the rainforest, but Ethan (who’s always been a wild little monkey) was right at home.

005

We came home that night to a homemade Lego cake. The Lego pegs were frosted marshmallows cut in half. Unfortunately, the cake did not pass this Lego lover’s test. He was pretty confused by it and had a hard time accepting this was a “Lego” cake. Ugh. Once he dug into it though, he was pretty happy.

024

035

036

056

 

A little decorating bit…

039

When we moved in, the inset area above the stairs was the same shade of brown as the rest of the wall. We lightened it up a bit by painting it a lighter shade (here, we were deciding between two colors).

A sweet and design savvy friend of mine, Melanie, had this on her wall, which I have always admired.

Scoffield Frame Collage

So, I copied her idea and Jeff and I came up with this:

128

Of course, we’ll eventually put pictures of our own family in those frames, but those details can wait for another time :)

The other day Sienna was going to the bathroom and began calling for me to come. She sounded pretty irritated. The problem was this guy:

177 He was sitting on the bathroom floor and was giving her the creeps. She made me remove him so she could have her privacy. Funny girl.

So, Jeff and I adore our children, but let’s admit – they are a little wacky. In March I found myself sitting in urgent care because Ethan stuck a pea in his ear and we couldn’t get it out. Such circumstances have led us to lose our sanity. One night during FHE of all things, we had an epiphany. Check out the similarity:

125

dumb-dumber_l

We are proud parents indeed.

4 comments:

Fern said...

Lovin' all the sillyness, but where are the BABY PICTURES! I want to see your little bundle!
I think we're just going to have to meet up at some large park somewhere and catch up. I'm starting to get a handle on life and might me able to begin engaging in social situations again. :)
Seriously, let's meet up soon!

Yorgasons said...

That is awesome!!! hahahaha!!!
I love your frames on the wall it will look even more beautiful when your beautiful family pictures are in those frames.

Groshon said...

Okay, seriously, I LOVE your wall!! And your Ethan/Sienna comparison is hilarious, LOL!

Karen Brothersen said...

I am still laughing my face off! That comparison at the end, is SO FREAKIN FUNNY!
Btw: great job on the decorating... it looks great!