Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why I Don't Get Anything Done

For those of you who wonder why I don't get anything done and you think to yourself, "Julie must watch a lot of TV", or "She must just sit around the house eating treats all day".  Well, here's why. You see, I have a 3ft tall tornado for a son. I'm amazed at what he can get into if I selfishly try to go to the bathroom or brush my teeth. 

The paper shredder. After emptying out the shredder and putting the "shreddings"in a bag near the garage to be taken out ASAP, I was negligent for a moment and Ethan decided they would be an excellent  playground for his construction trucks and trains. Creative little rascal, isn't he?

DSC_01712008-12-20_14-46-31

DSC_01642008-12-20_14-44-42

DSC_01662008-12-20_14-45-30

What did moms ever do before vacuums?

7 comments:

Talia Puthoff said...

Well, before moms had vacuums, they DIDN'T have paper shredders.

Malissa said...

LOL! I just can't stop chuckling. He's such a good little guy. How can you get mad at that face?

Yorgasons said...

Julie I love these pictures!!! I know you probably weren't laughing at that moment but you will soon!! What a creative little guy is right!! That is a perfect set up for his construction trucks. Thank goodness for vacuums! Just so you don't feel bad...I have a similar picture but with Nesquik instead of paper...yeah that was fun to clean up!

Julie said...

Lisa! Yuck - Nesquik would be worse! Did it stain? It's amazing how kids get into trouble. I think swapping stories like these is therapeutic for moms!

Day Family Blog said...

Ugh I have had experiences like that. I just reach for the camera and think of what a good post I can have on my blog :)

Tasha Horsley said...

but he's having so much fun!

Nancy said...

He's very creative! My son would love that pile of papers to drive trucks through. Thank goodness for vacuums!