Saturday, July 11, 2009

I love to See the Temple...

On July 5th, after church we decided to go to the Seattle Temple and walk around the beautiful, landscaped grounds. We've had a couple of Family Home Evenings about the temple recently. We have pictures of the temple in Ethan's and Sienna's rooms and hope they will have a goal of attending the temple when they are older.

As usual, taking pictures of young children with a severe case of the wiggles (it happens when you've been in the car for 20+ minutes)can produce some pretty funny pictures.

263

264

I thought taking a picture of the kids in front of the temple hugging each other would be so cute and touching. When I asked Sienna to give Ethan a big hug, this is what they did. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but kind of close, I guess.

268

269

After we saw this picture, we realized this shirt was a little small.

274

After begging the kids to stand next to each other and smile, this was the best we could get.  They look thrilled, don't they?

302

"Lead me, guide, walk beside me..."

305

306

308

3 comments:

Karen Brothersen said...

I loved her hug! That was sooo cute! And you must tell me what kind of camera you have!

Tasha Horsley said...

i love your pictures of going to the temple. pete and i have been wanting to do this same thing lately. we did it a couple summers ago and loved the peaceful feeling of being on the grounds of the temple. we plan to top it off with a trip to the church bookstore and some dairy queen ice cream! hopefully we will get out in a couple weeks after pete gets back from his florida business trip. i'm not looking forward to that. blah. i love that picture of sienna holding onto jeff's leg. so sweet!

carol said...

Julie, you and Jeff walk your talk! And with such creativity and enthusiasm. You are so easy to love! Sorry I missed your invitation to see your home's design changes. Invite me again 'cause I'm home now!