Sunday, March 30, 2008

Buster, Bud, Little Buddy...





Buster is a nickname that definitely suits our little guy. Behind that winning smile, he's usually scheming some great plan which involves pushing a chair over to the kitchen counter, climbing up to the cabinets, and making some wild concoction on the counter all under the guise of "I'm cooking wif Mom" (except the fact that I'm not in the room). Or perhaps he's unscrewing the tops of the Costco shampoo bottles and then throwing the bottles down the stairs and watching with glee each bounce shoot more shampoo onto the walls and carpet. You get the picture. These usually happen when I do something selfish like go to the bathroom, or help Sienna fall asleep. But as the other mothers understand, I still absolutely adore my little guy. Somehow in my (sleep-deprived) mind this is evidence of how smart and clever he is. By the way, I also get all the hugs and kisses a mommy could ever want.

2 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

You know having a boy scares me. I just don't know if I am ready for that kind of energy. Camille can whine and manipulate with the best, but there is just something different about boys. At least yours is a cutie. It will be fun for you to see if there are huge differences between Ethan and Sienna as they grow up.

Malissa said...

I think pouring out entire bottles of shampoo and hand soap, squeezing new tubes of gel and toothpaste down the bathroom drain, and shaking out canisters of salt and cinnamon-just to see what's going to happen- are all part of growing up a boy! Jeffrey is the same. We bought a pepper grinder when he was three and his job is to make sure all food has fresh pepper. He enjoys the responsibility. He also enjoys the creating aspect of cooking. Usually his creations smell really great, although I have't brought myself to taste them :)More than once I have gone to the cupboard for a spice, only to find an empty bottle! LOL. There is a great cook book called "Pretend Soup" that has many kids friendly recipes with drawing on what do to. (They don't have to be reading yet). Jeffrey's favorite is the pretend soup recipe. He can make it himself with no help. His latest creative outlet is mixing paint and doing art projects. What fun! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!!