Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daddy's boy

It's no secret in our house that Ethan's a Daddy's boy. I caught a picture of him waiting at the top of the stairs for Daddy to come home.






Ethan also loves to 'help' (I'm using that term very loosely) Daddy with any projects around the house. So here is our little man with his "Bob the Builder" tool belt and diaper, helping Dad and Grandpa Mardis on a home project.






When my parents come to spend time with us, it's a working vacation for them and a relaxing vacation for me! Notice in this picture I'm not holding a child! I wish they were closer, but I think I would wear them out! I love their company while Ethan and Sienna love Grandma and Grandpa playing with them. Before they came, I told Ethan that Grandma and Grandpa were coming in an airplane to see him. Now, to Ethan, every airplane up in the sky has Grandma and Grandpa in it.

9 comments:

Malissa said...

Sounds like a relaxing and good time when your parents came out! Ethan looks like typical boy ready to help. My son had the same "Bob belt" with all the tools...always looking for something to 'fix'.

AmyJane said...

Ooh, they are both just SO cute, Julie! I still can't believe that's Ethan, looking all grown up, cause in my head he's still just a scrawny, adorable newborn guy!
I have to say, too many of ya'lls blogs are putting the fear in me though, as I realize the trouble my own whirlwind boy is about to cause while I try to supervise his new sister in just a few weeks...yikes.

Emily said...

JC is a daddy's boy too. That picture at the top of the stairs is adorable. Your kids are so cute and I loved reading about their little personalities! You can tell Ethan and JC are the same age!

Tasha Horsley said...

i love all your pictures and funny stories about ethan! he is quite the character! my fav is the pinata and the garden stake...gotta love it! :) and sienna...what a little "feetie pie".

Groshon said...

Ethan looks so cute waiting at the top of the stairs :) I love the toolbelt too!

loven it! said...

hi there! love the pics! ethan is getting so big! what a cutie! isn't it fun to have one of each?? we are expecting little ian in 7 weeks! i'm getting a little nervous about 3... i need an extra arm and side. sienna is too cute too. they are lucky to have you and jeff for parents!! also, the comment about the parents - wouldn't it be nice if they lived closer??

Bethanne said...

Okay, I just found you "thru the grapevine" and had to say "hi". I don't know if you remember us from Union Square (Dan and Bethanne Kanzler), but your family is beautiful (as always)...and your kids are soooooo cute! :) How are you liking Washington? Anyway, I'm just glad that we found you to check out how you're doing these days!

Shmobby said...

Oh seriously...what an adorable little guy! I remember my big boy stuffing "swords" and "tools" in the sides of his underwear. So impressed your little Ethan has a "real" belt! :) And the hamster wheel comment on the other post...I totally laughed out loud! SO TRUE! You guys are such a great little family.

Bethanne said...

Julie, would you mind if I add you to our friends list so that we can read about your cute family often? You guys are so cute!