Monday, April 28, 2008

Woah...April's gone.

Hey (this is Jeff)! What happened to April? It's been a month since our last post. I'll take the blame though -- I've been working some crazy hours (I know what you're thinking, and no, it had nothing to do with taxes -- I'm not that kind of accountant -- I audit financial statements), which means Julie had mommy duty day in day out with hardly a break. There were a few days in there where I left for work in the morning before anyone woke up, and didn't get back home until the kids were asleep. Not fun. Tonight I got home at around 8:30, which was in time to help Ethan get the wiggles out before going to bed.

He's growing up quickly! Since I missed the month of April, he sat down with me tonight before bed and basically read me a book from start to finish without actually knowing how to read. It's fun to hear him talk. And, Sienna! What a little doll -- she's crawling around so quickly now.

Julie is awesome too! I couldn't have married a better woman. I was getting busy-season hair -- that's what happens to my head when I don't have time to get it cut for 3 months (I also get busy season toenails). Ethan was getting busy-season hair too, so Julie gave us both a nice trimming recently, and we're a handsome daddy and son again.

6 comments:

Bethanne said...

Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up? Your kids are sooooo very cute. And what a good daddy to write on the blog...I can't get Dan to do it! :)

Connie said...

Hey Jeff- It's Sis. Willard. I'm so glad I found your blog. Your family is so cute! Sounds like you have been pretty busy. Hope things slow down a bit for you in that regard. Peter sometimes has weeks like that. It's hard, but you get through them! Check out our blog if you want. peterandconnie.blogspot.com
Hope you don't mind if I check back and see what you guys are up to from time to time!

Emily said...

That's so sweet! Julie is awesome and you do have darling kids!

Tasha Horsley said...

Hey J.J....that's what we call you guys...we need to get together again sometime soon! whenever you guys feel like doing the drive let us know! caleb and taylor are eager to ask some questions about being an ice-cream man...i said you had some good stories! hehe! :) hope all is well!

Jeff said...

Oh, I got stories...that was a fun job.

Maria said...

Busy season is a joke. It never ends!!!! Skyler just cut his busy season hair.