Sunday, July 27, 2008

I've been tagged!

My lovely sister-in-law tagged me, so here goes...

3 joys -
1. Hearing Ethan and Sienna's laughter. I know this is a given for any parent, but I tickle them just so I can hear it. I also catch it on our video camera whenever I can. When my kids get older, I still want to be able to remember their laughter.

2. I recently got a sewing machine - it's so much fun. I sewed a quilt for Ethan, modified a shirt for me (to make it modest - Mom, aren't you proud?), and am in the process of sewing some drapes.

3. My husband - He's perfect. I'm grateful for his affection, thoughtfulness, sense of humor, and moral courage and...kisses.

3 Fears -
1. Failure as a parent

2. Having a messy, disorganized house. I stay up late every night cleaning and organizing. It's one way I regain my sanity.

3. Spiders. Ethan put one in his mouth a few weeks ago and I flipped out. Ahh, little boys exploring the world.

3 goals -
1. I would love to go back to school and get a master's degree.

2. Go on a mission with Jeff.

3. Eat my weight in double-stuffed oreos, okay, just kidding, but I do want to have a garden.

3 obsessions -
1. Listening to Dr. Laura in the car. I always learn something from her.

2. Recipes - I could read recipes for hours.

3. Figuring out how things work. If I don't understand how something works (especially in regards to science) it bothers me until I am able to sit down, read about it and figure it out.

3 surprising facts-
1. I beg Jeff to scratch my head and brush my hair.

2. I love to vacuum and do laundry. I know it sounds weird, but after years of stinky college apartment complex laundromats and vacuums that didn't work, I love doing laundry and vacuuming!

3. I ate 8 Krispy Kreme donuts in less than 24 hours and I don't feel bad about it.

3 comments:

Tasha Horsley said...

if you ever ever run out of vacuuming and laundry at your house....your need will be FULFILLED at my house probably for like the next several years or so! mmmm....Krispy Kreme's! thanks julie, this was a fun read. :)

Day Family Blog said...

I wish that I shared your fears of a messy house because then mine wouldn't be messy all of the time. I love that you ate 8 krispy kremes in 1 day, admitted it, and don't feel bad about it, way to go! That's fun.

Groshon said...

I think I better start staying up late at night because I am due to regain some sanity! If I don't soon it might all be gone!

you know, Krispy Kremes are so light and fluffy that I think 8 is totally reasonable! If it weren't all the way out in the valley I think I would drive there right now to buy me some! Yum!