Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ketchup!

So we've obviously gotten a little behind in our blogging. Jeff has had some time off in between jobs and I've been enjoying having him  around too much to sit down and blog - but here's what we've been up to:

4th of July Trip to Spokane:

We had a delicious family BBQ on the 4th, followed by a fireworks show in a park. The next day we spent at the Carlsen home just spending time with family.

Ethan and Grandma Carlsen working in the backyard. You can see that Ethan takes safety very seriously. He's wearing those safety goggles on his chin.    

D80_1340

One of the highlights of the day was cutting down a tree. Sienna and I carefully supervised the event. Sienna also loves  to crawl up me (mostly using my hair) and then hang on for dear life. I'm surprised I have any left.

D80_1363

Here's a photo of the little darling flashing that unforgettable toothy grin.

D80_1369

Later, we all jumped in the pool. Sienna wasn't to sure about how she felt in the pool, but she loved being in Daddy's arms. I think Jeff enjoyed the snuggle time with Sienna too. D80_1375

 

Home Project!

Being new homeowners, home projects are still really exciting to us. Since we love watching HGTV and home flipping shows, we never run out of ideas (and trouble) we can get ourselves into. The latest...painting our deck. It was originally a yucky peach-salmon color with mildew spots

D80_1433

and my capable, strong, handsome, creative (sorry, I'm getting side-tracked here) husband painted it a nice deep taupe color. It has a softer texture as well.D80_1440

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow, do I really look that hot in a swimming pool? I should see if I can perfect the "hair parted down the middle of my head" thing...and by all means, I should continue to avoid the sun. This is the secret formula for hotness after your 20's.