Monday, August 25, 2008

Evergreen State Fair - 8/23/2008

We went to the Evergreen State fair and had a lot of fun as a family. We also discovered how sneaky fairs are at weaseling money out of you. First the admission, then the overpriced food, then the rides require tickets, go buy the tickets, etc...argh.

Anyway, Ethan had a great time on his first roller coaster rides. Several of the rides required an adult, so Jeff and I, eager to relive our childhood, went with him.

DSC_0061

His expression says it all.

DSC_0082

DSC_0121

DSC_0127

DSC_0050

Yea for the tractors! This ride was free!

One of the fun things about fairs is seeing the all farm animals: cows, goats, sheep, enormous pigs, zebra, reindeer, geese, turkeys (they really do say "gobble, gobble"). We witnessed a piglet race, as well as a cow milking contest. Having logged 2 1/2 years as a nursing mother I can empathize with those cows.

3 comments:

loven it! said...

state fairs are the best!! your kids are getting so big and sienna is beautiful!! how are you guys doing? we miss you!!

HaYn Mama said...

That looks like so much fun Hot Stuff!!!! AAAAHHHH Mardis. I'm so glad I've found you! I was on Amy Watson Schmitt's and I found you!

I love you dahling and o my I remember when you were first getting married and now you have two little kiddies! I love it!

miss you and love you,
fuchi

Bethanne said...

So fun! Loved the pictures...and you couldn't keep us AWAY from a chance at rides. Love 'em!