Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good-bye E&Y!!!

Woohoo! Although we're grateful for the experience and all that Jeff has learned at E&Y, we are ready to jump ship! Working 70+ hour weeks, working until 2am to 3am repeatedly, working through weekend after weekend, unbelievable pressure and stress on Jeff has taken its toll. Jeff has taken a job offer with Nordstrom doing SEC reporting. Get this - it will be (for the most part) an 8am-5pm job!!!!!! I'm in heaven! He can take the bus, so no more $250+/month in parking fees! Although this job will have it's own challenges, we are so grateful for this blessing.

Now the question is, how should Jeff leave his job? Please take our poll and leave any other suggestions.

1. Hire a group of actors to come to the EY office dressed as swashbuckling pirates and raid the office, shouting "Arrrrrr!" to everyone.

2. Send out fliers to all the mothers in Ethan's nursery class announcing that EY is hosting a "Bring Your Toddler to Work Day". The children will come armed with crayons, glue sticks, and sticky peanut butter sandwiches. They'd color on walls, mess up stacks of paper and leave everything... well, sticky.

3. Jeff announces that he's taken a job as a cookie accountant for the local girl scout troop. He comes to the office with his new girl scout uniform, complete with an accounting merit badge on his sash. He'll also spend the rest of the day assuring the staff that they too can have a "sweet" job someday.

9 comments:

Tasha Horsley said...

you crack me up julie! i think i can't choose between #2 and #3. congrats jeff and julie! :)

Groshon said...

That's a tough one but I think I am going to go with #3. They would all be so jealous of his "sweeetness"
come to think of it, they are all going to be jealous anyway! Even without the cookies!
We are so excited for you guys!
see you on the 4th!

Groshon said...

I choose 4...

That being the outfit that Jeff used to wear mountain biking in Spokane.. .I think it involves a gold cape and some knee socks or something...

:)

Gregg

Jeff said...

Yes, it was a shiny gold women's robe complete with shoulder pads...and knee-high green soccer socks. I would usually add in the rear-view mirror spy sunglasses too.

Good times...

Bethanne said...

That is so awesome. Having them around makes SUCH a difference. In a way, I hate baseball season because Dan is literally gone until 10 pm every night for 4 months. But then we get the summer time to play and I forget all about it! :)

Maria said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you to have Jeff home more!

Day Family Blog said...

You're hilarious! I personally would go for #1 because Maddie has learned how to say Arrr like a pirate, so we like pirates right now. Congrats on the new job, the last one sounded pretty crappy especially with those late hours. You will love having him home more I am sure.

Yorgasons said...

WOOOHOOO!!! Yay for JEff!! I am so glad that he has found a new job. I know I should be happy for Jeff but I am mostly happy for you!! It is so much better to have your husband home!! I am so happy for you!! I think I go with scenario #2. I like the idea of the little kids coming in and writing all over the walls and putting their sticky hands on everything!! That would be great. Have fun!!

Keren said...

Julie, that's great news. But I guess it means we won't be getting you to move to Portland anytime soon. Enjoy his new job!