Sunday, June 1, 2008

Salsbury Beach












So, I recently discovered a new park which I think is a must see if you have kids and want a quick day trip. My Mom was visiting and I wanted to show her some of beautiful western Washington. Salsbury Beach. Take the Edmonds-Kingston Ferry, then drive to the west side of the Kitsap Peninsula, and just before Hood Canal Bridge, there is the love Salsbury Beach. Of course getting there with the ferry and driving through historic Port Gamble is all part of the fun. Ethan loves ferry rides (what kid doesn't?). He loves flexing his arms and making manly shouting noises into the wind and running all over the boat. Ahh, little boys.











































There was a great play structure with a beach close by filled with sea shells. I don't think I've ever seen so many sea shells in my life! Ethan had fun watching all the big truck going across the Hood Canal Bridge. Sienna had her first experience in a swing, which she seemed to be okay with (she might have enjoyed it more if I not had the camera in her face the whole time. She also enjoyed doing pull-ups on a bar (with a little help) and of course, tasting the metal bar (shhh... don't tell Grandma).































This picture, was toward the end of our little outing, Sienna had her mind on one thing and one thing only (in case you can't tell from the picture) ... MILK!!!!!! Ethan, in his usual form of running all over the place, fell and skinned his little knee and was a bit upset about it.











Later at home, he zonked out on the couch. Perhaps other mothers can relate, I fall in love with my children all over again when I see them sleeping. Anyway, it was so much fun having my mom around and getting away for a day!

1 comment:

Tasha Horsley said...

that looks like an awesome place...i think we will have to check that one out! we love exploring new beaches and parks!