Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ethan's Third Birthday















For Ethan's 3rd Birthday we went to the (drumroll, please...) the Rainforest Cafe. It was amazing. The restaurant was decorated like a (well, you probably guessed by now) a rain forest with apes that beat their chests, trumpeting elephants, giant bugs and a fountain, to name a few.















The servers sang a birthday song for our little dude and brought him a free ice cream sundae. Ethan was delighted to have people singing and clapping for him. Obviously, the expression on my face was my joy over seeing a free dessert on our table.















This was my first (and perhaps only) attempt at cake decorating. The nice thing about cake decorating is that you can really enjoy your successes as well as failures, because, well.... it's cake, no matter what it looks like. I don't think I'm ready to do a wedding cake quite yet (unless someone wants to get married at a Mariners game and then throw the cakes at each other - hey, there's an idea).














Ethan blowing out the candle! I'll spare you the rest of the pictures. Things got pretty messy after this.

5 comments:

Bethanne said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Dan's mom was a professional cake "decorator" and so he has always had high expectations for me too...and let me tell you, cake decorating is NOT a talent I possess. You should see some of my, um, creations thus far. I love the baseball BTW...Jax birthday is next April if we can place an order now! :)

Amy Tanner said...

That's a very cute cake. I'm totally impressed! Glad you're doing the cupcakes for the shower!

The Groshon's said...

Happy birthday Ethan! and good job on the cake Julie!

Malissa said...

Cute cake for an adorable boy! Looks like he had a fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!